The General Terms and Conditions apply to all nominees that are submitting official applications for the King Hamad Youth Empowerment Award to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Submission of applications
- Submission is free to all applicants
- All applications must be submitted through the official online platform of the King Hamad Award
- All applications must be submitted in English
- Criteria for Evaluation
- All applications will be evaluated according to the criteria published on the King Hamad Award website.
- Evaluation Terms
Stage 1: Pre-vetting to evaluate eligibility.
Stage 2: Evaluation by an initial panel.
Stage 3: Final evaluation by an upper panel.
All applications will be pre-vetted according to the required criteria. Failure to meet all required criteria will result in disqualification. Disqualified applicants will be informed via email that their applications will not be moving forward.
In Stage 2, two jurors from the initial panel will evaluate each application in its entirety, and the applicant’s final score will be the average of the two juror scores. This system is in place in order to ensure the most fair and objective scoring possible for each candidate. All nominees are subject to the two-juror evaluation rule. This system is in place in order to maximize juror objectivity and minimize bias in the evaluation process.
In Stage 3, the upper panel will receive the top three applications from each category. All applications will be blind applications, meaning that jurors will not know the identity of the applicants whom they are evaluating.
I have read the general terms and conditions and the publish criteria and agree to it
- Fraudulent Information on applications
In the event that an applicant or one of their references deliberately misleads the Juror Panel by including false information in any submitted forms or documents the applicant will be immediately disqualified. Should the inclusion of deliberately false information be discovered after an award has been granted, that applicant immediately forfeits their right to the award funds and is liable to return the funds in full.
All nominees submit that the information included within the application is subject to review and evaluation by any and all King Hamad Award staff and Jurors.
Applications and their contents will not be published publicly without the applicant’s approval, but will be stored as official, digital documents and archived. All staff involved in the King Hamad Award will have open, ongoing access to applications.
Data collection and evaluation on certain details of the applications will be done by the King Hamad Award team in order to better understand the needs and capabilities of the application platform. Application data may be used freely for internal purposes to inform any technical or content changes to future versions of the award application and criteria. By submitting an application or statement of support, all nominees and referrals agree to the use of their application data in this process
- Changes to Award Process
- Changes to application
- During the time that the award process is open, it is possible that issues with either technical or content-specific areas of the application will arise that require members of the King Hamad Youth Empowerment Award team to change certain elements of the application. In the event of any technical or content changes are made, nominees that have already submitted their applications using the previous version of the application will NOT be penalized in any way, and will be evaluated as fairly as possible by the Juror Panel
- Changes to Juror Panel Personnel
- In the event that a Juror Panel member is unable to fulfill his or her duties during the evaluation period, a replacement may be utilized to maintain the evaluation process. Any applications whose evaluation are not completed by a former juror will be re-evaluated in full, following the same process and to the same extent as previously evaluated applications.
- Changes to General Terms and Conditions
- Circumstances may be result in this document, the King Hamad Award General Terms and Conditions needing to be revised. In the event that the document is revised, the date of its latest revision will be posted at the end of the document
- Award Terms
- All winners will be informed of their selection by January 2019
- The King Hamad Youth Empowerment Award in the youth action category is worth $20,000 and the NGOs/Foundations in the Youth Enablers category is worth $25,000, to be submitted as a one-time grant in full after the awarding ceremony.
- All winners of the King Hamad Youth Award will be invited to attend the awards presentation will take place in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- flights and accommodation will be paid by MYS for each of the 8 winners.
- All winners agree to willingly participate in media briefings and statements that MYS or the UNDP may require as follow-up to receipt of the award
- Award Deadline 30th October 2018
All winners agree to willingly participate in media briefings and statements that MYS or the UNDP may require as follow-up to receipt of the Award.
Award Deadline 30th October 2018